Thursday, August 14, 2014

Dear Jackson....

Dear Jackson,

Happy 8th Birthday to you! It doesn't even remotely seem possible that you are already 8 years old. I don't feel 8 years older, but here you are, all tall, lanky and skinny celebrating yet another birthday!

At 8 years old, you are kind, compassionate and so funny! You have an imagination as big as the earth, and you love your family and Jesus even more than that. You are such a good brother to Anderson, even when he is annoying you, and every so often I catch these moments of pure sweetness between the two of you that take my breath away. It's usually in the quiet times when I catch you doing something simple like teaching him how to build Lego buildings and I can see just how much you adore each other.

You have just started 3rd grade, are in the gifted program, and today is the first time you have ever celebrated your birthday during the school year. You are getting to take cupcakes to school to celebrate with your class, and you are so excited! 

One day you are going to be able to look at all these birthday letters I've written you over the years, and here is what I want you to know from this years letter: you are an amazing child, a wonderful son, and I am so very proud to be your Mama. You make my heart infinitely happy in ways I didn't know I was possible before you were born. I knew I would love being a mom, but you have exceeded my wildest dreams of what a mother/son relationship could be like. You, Jackson, are a super kid, and I love you to the moon and back a million times over. Happy Birthday, Jackson!

Love,
Mama

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...