Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Monday, October 29, 2012
Friday, October 26, 2012
- I brush Anderson's teeth to the tune of 2001 A Space Odyssey intro. We played it when I was in band in high school, and it was one of my favorite band halftime shows ever. Anderson thinks it is the funniest thing brushing his teeth to that rhythym, and his giggles are so cute that I can't stand it! This confession alone is further proof that "once a band geek...always a band geek."
- I saw the "Girls Gone Wild" party bus the other day in Montgomery. I texted my friend and said, "Just saw the Girls Gone Wild party bus. Anything you need to tell me?" She didn't see the humor. I, on the other hand, thought it was hilarious.
- I have 3 pumpkins on my front porch just waiting to be carved. One of them will somehow end up as a Vote Romney pumpkin.
- Jeremy is going on his first camping trip tonight with Jackson and my Dad. Trying to pack for them last night was ridiculous. Clearly, without a woman in sight, my child will not be dressed appropriately for the weather, despite my packing skills.
- I'm beyond ready for this election to be over just so I can quit hearing Obama lie. I have never seen such a skilled liar, and I can't wait for him to be standing in the unemployment line with the rest of his victims.
- Jackson and I spent 20 minutes last night laying in bed just talking and laughing. He went to bed later than he should have, but I wouldn't have traded it for anything. How else would I learn all the gossip of first grade?
Thursday, October 25, 2012
In heath news, Anderson has had a cough for the last few days, so we're keeping a close eye on that. I'm hoping that he's not about to get a bad cold, but I guess we'll know in a few days. My headaches are doing much better. I think the new BP medication is helping; I still have headaches, but they haven't been as frequent or severe. Keep the prayers coming!
And finally, Jeremy, Jackson and my dad are going camping with the RA's from church tomorrow night. Jackson is so excited, and I wish I could go, but it's a "boys only" thing. Oh well....I know he'll have a blast. Y'all have a great Thursday!
Monday, October 22, 2012
"Did you take the steroid prescribed to break up the cycle of headaches?" No, because your office told me to quit taking the steroids after I was awake for almost 2 straight days. Did anyone bother to write that down?
"Did you follow up with the TMJ doctor like the nurse practitioner wanted you to?" No, because we discussed (and she wrote it in my chart) at my last appointment that we were going to wait until my appointment in November to even bring up the TMJ aspect of my headaches. She didn't even tell me the name of the doctor, so how, may I ask, was I supposed to follow up with him?
"We're just going to change your BP medication and let that be that for now." No, because I'm dying over here. Lady, I have a headache all day, every day. I wake up with headaches. I go to sleep with headaches. I need relief, and the only thing that is working right now is the Imitrex injections, of which my insurance company will only cover 12 every 2 months. Right now, I have 3 injections left and a month and a half to go before they can be filled again.
As of right now I'm on a new blood pressure medication, have a prescription for a pain medicine and I have a "first available" appointment with a TMJ specialist in November. Please pray that the new meds give me some relief. I'm super afraid of causing liver damage because of the insane amounts of medication I'm having to take, and I know that rebound headaches are in play from the medication. It's like a bad roller coaster that I can't get off.
Here's hoping that the new pill works, because y'all, I need a break. Jeremy will be gone most of this week and its just about impossible to function with a headache when you are alone with 2 kids. Wish me luck...
Thursday, October 18, 2012
I’m hosting a Winter Warmerland Scentsy Open House party this weekend to highlight Scentsy’s holiday catalog. There are so many cute warmers and amazing Fall/Winter scents, and I can’t wait for people to see how great this stuff is. Right now I have Autumn Sunset warming in my kitchen and it is the perfect cinnamon toned scent and I’m loving it! Here are a few of my favorite warmers. Aren’t they great!
If you are local, I would love for you to drop by my house on Saturday from 6-8 (email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for directions). I’m offering free shipping to orders delivered to me. If you don’t live in the area, you can browse online at amywade.scentsy.us and see everything. Let me know if you have any questions!
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
- I'm trying a new recipe out in the crock pot today. It involves chicken, cream cheese, dry Italian seasoning and a few other things. If it turns out, I'll share. If not, we'll order a pizza, cause that's how we roll.
- I've had to take 5 Imitrex injections in the last 7 days because my head has been hurting so bad. Something has got to give, because life is not meant to be lived under the fog of migraine injections.
- Jackson is reading like a champ right now. He's reached "Rising Reader" status in his class, and is thisclose to reaching "Rising Reader 2" in a few weeks. We are so proud of him, and it thrills me to no end to see him picking up a book and reading it aloud all by himself.
- Jackson's school is selling cookie dough for a fundraiser. He has to sell 8 units in order to qualify to see a magic show at his school. Jackson was quick to inform me that if he sells 15 units he can sit in VIP seating for the magic show, and "they will pick lots of students as volunteers in the show." At $15-$16 per container of cookie dough, I told him not to hold his breath on sitting in that VIP section. We'll be doing good to get him to the show.
- We're spending Thanksgiving at the beach this year with Jeremy's family in a 4 bedroom condo. I've never been at the beach for Thanksgiving, and I'm so excited. We're going to have a great time, and I'm super stoked about searching Pinterest for yummy Thanksgiving recipes that I can cook.
Hope y'all have a great Tuesday!
Monday, October 15, 2012
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Jackson started running a 99 temp Tuesday night. He had gone to Cub Scouts and then asked the den leader if he could leave early because he wasn’t feeling good. When he got home, he was at 99 degrees. We gave him Motrin and put him to bed, and then Wednesday morning he was still at 99, but he insisted on going to school because they were testing and he didn’t want to miss anything.
I got a text from his teacher around lunch that he wasn’t feeling good, and my Mom went to get him. I picked him up when I got home from work and took him to the doctor where they strongly suspected the flu. Thankfullly both flu tests came back negative and we went home with a diagnosis of bronchitis and a viral infection. He is home today, but feeling much better.
And as if all that yesterday wasn’t enough, I had my first full blown migraine since my neurologist appointment and I got to try out my new Imitrex injections. Let me just say, giving yourself a shot at home is so strange. It just doesn’t feel right giving yourself a shot, but it did help. It knocked me out, but it helped.
And Anderson’s ear is draining like a faucet. Again. For 3 weeks in a row.
I should buy stock in ear infection antibiotics.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
I'm sorry for talking in class today. I will do better.
Tuesday, October 09, 2012
The Ohio State University Marching band performs what has to be the best halftime show ever! Stick with the whole 9 minutes, and you won't be disappointed. As a child of the 80's, the Super Mario Brothers references are amazing, and the horse is one of the coolest things ever. Enjoy!!
Sunday, October 07, 2012
Friday, October 05, 2012
I know it sounds irrational, but y'all, I was dying. Those little chickens were watching me, for 10 miles, losing their feathers the whole way, and I hated every second.
Finally, after what felt like an eternity of driving 10 feather-filled-miles, the chicken truck turned down another road and I was able to drive guilt-free to my next destination. When I got out of the car, there were feathers stuck to my car which only gave me the heeby-jeebies again.
I guess the thing I feel the most guilty about? After driving behind the chicken truck for 10 miles, I ended up stopping at the only restaurant in the little town I was in, a Jack's, and I had chicken fingers for lunch.
I'm a terrible person.
Wednesday, October 03, 2012
Tuesday, October 02, 2012
My headaches are back with a vengeance.
I wake up with a headache every day....
I deal with headaches all day every day...
I go to sleep with a headache every night...
Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
I'm throwing in the towel and making another appointment with my neurologist. Life isn't supposed to be lived like this.
Monday, October 01, 2012
I was about to get into the shower when Jackson busted into the bathroom. There I was standing by the shower, nekkid as the day I was born, and Jackson brought his Corduroy book over to me. I grabbed a towel to cover up and started preaching to Jackson about privacy and respecting closed doors and all those other things that went in one ear and out the other on my sweet child. Seemingly oblivious to everything that I had just said, Jackson said that he needed help on "just one word" and he would be done and would leave me alone.
The word he needed help with: "undressed."
I live the definition of irony...