Thursday, December 20, 2012

Hives, Hives, and More Hives

It's been a stressful week, with much going on, and apparently my body decided to react to the stress by covering me in hives. It started Monday evening, with a few spots on my right elbow. Tuesday morning I had a few more, but nothing that really concerned me. I figured that they would go away. Well, I was wrong. By the time I got home from work Tuesday afternoon and took off my work clothes, I realized that I was covered in hives in patches randomly on my body. I took some Benadryl and covered myself in itch cream and tried to fight through it, without much success.

Wednesday morning found me covered in even more hives, and by this time I realized that I would probably have to go to the doctor to get this treated. I fought through it again during the day, but by Wednesday afternoon my hands were so swollen that I couldn't get my rings off my fingers. Talk about panic! I skipped church last night and took some Benadryl. I dozed off around 7 and at 8 moved into our bed to sleep. I woke up in a panic at midnight and realized 2 things: Jeremy had turned the ceiling fan off and I was burning up, and the Benadryl had worn off and I was itching like a dog with fleas. Nothing would make it stop. It was awful. Literally the only place that I didn't have hives were on the bottom of my feet. Even my palms had spots, and they were quickly moving onto my face.

So at 1:15 in the morning I got ready and went to the urgent care place in Prattville and got a steroid shot. The doctor said that my case of hives were a 10 out of 10, and then he had me stop by Walmart at 2 in the morning to get some Zyrtec. I followed doctors orders and so far the spots are still there, my hands are still swollen, but I'm not itching anymore.

So that's how my week has gone. Good times, huh? So all this girl wants for Christmas is for these hives to go away!!!

1 random thoughts:

Pam said...

Poor girl...sounds awful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...