Thursday, October 11, 2012

Keeping It Real Wade’s World Style

 

Jackson started running a 99 temp Tuesday night. He had gone to Cub Scouts and then asked the den leader if he could leave early because he wasn’t feeling good. When he got home, he was at 99 degrees. We gave him Motrin and put him to bed, and then Wednesday morning he was still at 99, but he insisted on going to school because they were testing and he didn’t want to miss anything.

I got a text from his teacher around lunch that he wasn’t feeling good, and my Mom went to get him. I picked him up when I got home from work and took him to the doctor where they strongly suspected the flu. Thankfullly both flu tests came back negative and we went home with a diagnosis of bronchitis and a viral infection. He is home today, but feeling much better.

And as if all that yesterday wasn’t enough, I had my first full blown migraine since my neurologist appointment and I got to try out my new Imitrex injections. Let me just say, giving yourself a shot at home is so strange. It just doesn’t feel right giving yourself a shot, but it did help. It knocked me out, but it helped.

And Anderson’s ear is draining like a faucet. Again. For 3 weeks in a row.

I should buy stock in ear infection antibiotics.

2 random thoughts:

Colleen @ MommieDaze said...

Oh, we've been there! No fun when everybody is sick. Ear infections are the worst. My youngest had one every other week for almost year until he finally got tubes in his ear. How everyone is well soon!

Pam said...

Ugh..I'm sorry Jackson is sick. Not fun for sure. And then ears too. Bleh. But I'm glad you can give yourself a shot. I got myself all psyched up to do it when I was taking the B12 shots. It's really not that bad. A little odd since I don't jump when I give it since I know exactly when it's coming. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...