Monday, January 09, 2012

My Child The Slacker

Jackson has been on this phase lately where he is constantly scoping out potential careers and deciding what he wants to do when he grows up. We were on our way home from church on Sunday and he told me that he needed to talk to me about something very, very important.

Jackson: “Mama, we need to talk.”

Me: “Okay. What do we need to talk about?”

Jackson: “You’re really not gonna want to hear this.”

Me: “Really? What am I not going to want to hear?”

Jackson: “I’ve been thinking….”

Me: “And….”

Jackson: “Well, I’ve decided that I don’t really want to do anything when I grow up.”

Me: “You have?”

Jackson: “Yes ma’am. I just think it’s best if I don’t have a job when I grow up. That way I can just have fun and not have to worry about work. I think I like that plan.”

I think I missed the Peter Pan booth at Career Day.

1 random thoughts:

Pam said...

Ha! I knew somebody that wanted to be an orthodontist when he grew up because he noticed when he had braces that 'the girls' do all the work and he liked that idea. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...