Thursday, January 12, 2012

Magical Advice For The Magic Kingdom

We’re planning on taking our first family trip to Disney this year, and to be quite frank, it’s absolutely terrifying. This is the first vacation I’ve planned where I know I’m going to be exhausted by the time it is over. Jeremy and Jackson have never been to Disney, and the last time I went to Magic Kingdom was 20 years ago. I’ve never been so overwhelmed this early in the planning process of any vacation, and I’m begging you Disney experts out there to help me out with your infinite knowledge of all things Disney.

Here’s what I know so far:

  • We’re going to Disney in September.
  • We are staying in the park, probably at a value or moderate resort.
  • We will have the dining plan.
  • We plan on doing at least 1 character meal.
  • We are driving.
  • We will have 3 days in the parks. We plan on spending 1 day at Animal Kingdom and 2 days at Magic Kingdom. I just don’t think Jackson is old enough to enjoy Epcot.
  • We are not using the park hopper passes.
  • I have purchased “The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.”
  • I have signed up at touringplans.com and visited mouse savers and all ears.
  • Anderson is not going.

That’s about as far as I’ve gotten with planning our vacation. I’m open to any and all suggestions y’all have to offer. Thanks so much for helping us out!

2 random thoughts:

SummerTyme said...

Hey, Amy. I can help ya out. :)
First, let me congratulate you on your first family Disney vacation! You're going at a great time and are smart to take 2 days to do Magic Kingdom. Have you thought about which character meal you want to do yet? What/who does Jackson like? In the MK, you can eat at the Crystal Palace. The gang from the hundred acre wood are there and since it's in the park, it gets booked pretty quickly. They serve all 3 meals there buffet style.
In the animal kingdom, there is a character breakfast that fills up really quickly. I THINK it's Donald, Goofy, Mickey and Minnie. I could be wrong. I'll be doing this one for the first time in Feb.
Another really great character dining meal is Chef Mickeys at The Contemporary. They serve all 3 meals and you can catch the monorail there from MK. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, and Goofy are all there. It's a buffet and fun for the kids. This is one of my personal favorites!
I'll write you about attractions in a bit. Let me know if you have any specific questions. :)
~Summer

Pam said...

Here is another tidbit of info..

www.kennythepirate.com

He is a "Liner"...on the touring plans chat..and is pretty famous on there. He has done many 'ultimate tours' and is pretty much an expert on all things Disney...and he has a tab for character meals. It shows who appears where for meals and elsewhere in the park. He's full of good info. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...