Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Things I’ve Learned Lately

  • Sonic’s Blue Coconut slushie will not do your white linoleum floor any favors. Imagine a red Kool-Aid stain, only blue.
  • The pain from having a huge ulcer on your bottom lip will not get any better when the cheese from a piece of pizza gets stuck to the roof of your mouth. My mouth is  pretty much one big sore right now.
  • Hearing your 5 year old describe a friend as, “the bombdiggity” because his kindergarten teacher used that phrase is priceless!
  • Even when my life is hard there are always people who have it a lot worse than me.
  • Nothing beats eating a pecan fresh off the tree.
  • I might as well give up on the mountain of laundry that is accumulating. We’re never going to get caught up.
  • Seeing as how I’ve had a constant headache for the last 3 weeks, I’ve almost forgotten what it felt like to have my head not hurt.
  • Splurging to get your hair washed, cut, dried and straightened instead of just getting it cut is a nice treat every now and then.
  • Hearing a baby laugh is the sweetest sound in the world!

What have you learned lately?

1 random thoughts:

Candy Jones said...

Loved this post. I am right there with you with the ulcer and the headaches. Ulcer is on my top lip right in the middle. I hit myself on the mouth with the blow dryer plug in. Don't ask C : And headaches are just a way of life for me especially lately. I know why for us. And if the stain is kind of "pretty" I have heard you can mop your floor with an entire slushie or whatever made the stain and then the floor will be the same color. Wonder how many you would have to buy to mop your floor? Then you would have to mop again to get all the sticky up. Ummmmm, I say, live with the stain! C: Hope I made you smile a little bit! Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...