Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Minor Procedure Of Sorts

So I’m having surgery today. What? That isn’t how you want to spend your Thanksgiving holiday? Seriously though, it’s going to be nothing. I’m having a small cyst removed from my right kneecap. This surgery was scheduled for a year ago and then I found out that Anderson was on his way, so no go on the surgery. I had almost opted to forget about the procedure, and then right at Halloween my knee really started giving me trouble. I made a visit with my orthopedic who agreed to swap my cyst for a small scar in what should be a very short outpatient procedure. I will have to take it easy for a few days, but I’m not expecting that it’s going to be very bad.

I’m checking into the surgical center at 11:00 today which wouldn’t be a big deal if I wasn’t already starving and I know surgery won’t begin until right around 1:00. As usual, I was instructed to have nothing to eat or drink after midnight except for a sip or two of clear fluids around 5:00 a.m. for my blood pressure medication.  So right now I’m starving and it’s only 8 in the morning!

So my Thanksgiving is going to be spent with my feet propped up and a remote control in my hand. Now that I think about it, it sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Maybe I’ll even get to watch the parade this year!

I’ll catch up with y’all again soon. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

3 random thoughts:

Jessica said...

Good luck, will be praying for you. Let me know if you need anything!

Esther said...

Hope everything went well. Happy Thanksgiving!

Rachel said...

I hope you had a nice, relaxing Thanksgiving!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...