Wednesday, September 07, 2011

It's Almost Like I'm Trying To Speak English

Now that Jackson is in kindergarten I realize that he's going to hear lots of words that I probably don't want my five year old repeating. This was the case the other day after school:

Jackson: "Mama, is 'dang it' a bad word?"
Me: "Yes, it's a bad word, and it's not something I want you saying."
Jackson: "So I'm not supposed to say 'dang it'?
Me: "No. Now quit saying it."
Jackson: "Okay. I won't say 'dang it' anymore."
Me: "Jackson. Stop. Saying. It."
Jackson: "But I'm not saying 'dang it' right now. I'm not going to say 'dang it' ever again. Is that good Mama? Is it good for me not to say 'dang it' anymore? Since 'dang it' isn't a good word I'm not going to say it."
Me: "I give up. Go play with your brother."

Seriously, this parenting stuff needs a manual.

1 random thoughts:

Pam said...

LOL Don't be swayed by the cuteness, Mom! Yep, parenting ain't for sissies. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...