Friday, May 20, 2011

The Baby's Not Even Here Yet And Already I'm Neglecting My Blog

So just a day or so ago I was emailing a friend of mine, Kay, and she was like, "I'm impressed that you aren't stressing about the nursery since time is getting so close." Or something like that. And I responded, "I'm really not stressed. I figure he won't be sleeping in there for awhile anyway, so it will get done when it gets done." Or something like that. And I really wasn't stressed at all.

Fast forward just a day.

I was a mad woman nesting last night. Between writing thank you notes and trying to organize the nursery, I didn't sit down until after 10:30 at which time I promptly crashed. I am fanatical about writing thank you notes for occasions such as this, and until a note has been written, the gift stays in the box/bag. It's my OCD way of making sure that no gift is overlooked, and until the note is written I can't enjoy the gift. Call it Southern Guilt. After the note is written I had been moving the "thanked" gifts into the crib to keep them separated from the "unthanked" gifts. Well, the crib had started overflowing and I couldn't handle the lack of organization anymore, so I put the unwritten thank you notes aside and started organizing the room. We had bins of clothes from Jackson that needed to be sorted, clothes from my nephew Luke, and now clothes from Anderson, not to mention diapers, wipes, toys, and whatever else you can think of that needed a home.

After 5 hours the room is once again managable and I can breathe. The unthanked gifts are still in their bag, but nicely organized in one corner of the room. I still have a pile of thank you notes to write, but I'm going to knock them out this weekend. It will all get done (before June 8th), and I feel like my "nesting" manic phase of last night was stressful, but completely necessary if that makes any sense.

So at 10:30 last night I realized that I hadn't blogged, which explains why I'm up at 6:30 in the morning blogging. Just thought you might like to know that I haven't forgotten about you yet!

Have a great weekend!

1 random thoughts:

Pam said...

No not yet. : ) But get little Anderson here and it will probably be a sleepy "blog who?". (I'm kidding with you!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...