Friday, July 30, 2010
Jackson: "But I don't like them! I don't want a pirate party anymore!"
This was after I spent 2 weeks looking at pirate invitations on etsy, only to fall in love with one of the designs and as I was getting ready to purchase it on Sunday, only then did I realize that the person was on vacation and wouldn't be working again until August 6th. Jackson's birthday is on the 14th, so obviously that wasn't going to work. Then, after searching on ebay for hours, I found another invitation that I liked. I "bought it now" and when I went to pay for it I found out that my paypal account had to be updated because my check card expired. I entered my new account number in, and then found out that a 2-3 day hold was placed on the card for verification. I emailed the sender who told me that she won't start a design until she has payment. So after dealing with paypal for 2 days, I finally went to Walmart to purchase an Ebay gift card, made payment, got a proof, sent back corrections, got a revised proof, approved the new design, and then received the cards 3 days later. After all that, I was not about to let a wishy-washy kiddo rain on my parade!
I looked at Jeremy who was trying not to laugh at the whole situation, and then I glanced back at Jackson and found myself saying something that I never thought I would say...
"Listen here Jackson...You're gonna have a pirate party, and you're gonna like it, and I don't want to hear another word about it!"
After all I've gone through, I'm tempted to make any complainers walk the plank! Aarrggh!
Thursday, July 29, 2010
- I'm 29 years old and I hate to text. It's not so much the texting, it's the insane abbreviations that come with it. U for you, L8R for later, PLZ for please; Really? Does it take that much more time to add a few more letters to just complete the word? It drives me insane! If you are going to text me, please take the time to write out a message, mostly because I'm just too busy to try to decipher your alphabetical code. Mmkay?
- I've recently hidden about 20 people from my facebook friends list. I was sick of seeing their "so and so likes" notifications. I would much rather my facebook time be spent perusing new photo albums, reading fun status updates, and general snooping than sorting through my news feed through your 30 "likes" in the last hour.
- I have an embarassingly huge pile of laundry piled up, and no amount of folding seems to be making it any smaller. I'm about to call it quits and just give up the fight.
- The past few months I've been sleeping with an ice pack on my feet. For some reason the bottom of my feet have been insanely hot lately (this could be because it's hot as Hades here), and the only way I can actually sleep is by sleeping with my ice pack.
- On a related note, I have been guilty lately of intentionally putting my cold feet on Jeremy while he's trying to fall asleep. I find it hilarious. Jeremy fails to see the humor. He's such a stick in the mud!
- And I'm counting down the days until our vacation to the Bahamas. Mentally, I'm already checked out!
Anything you need to confess? Have a great day!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
I don't even have words other than to say that selling them on clearance for $1 as advertised should be a felony as a crime against humanity. Because frankly, $1 is way too much to pay for pants that remind me of the scene from the Wizard of Oz when the house fell on the Wicked Witch of the East and her legs shriveled up.
And because I think that the show Friends changed the course of the world for the better, the only thing that kept coming to my mind when I saw the pants was this scene with Phoebe:
(Pardon the poor quality. I'm trying to reach out to my international readers!)So as of now, Wal-Mart has won the competition. Somehow, I think Target's next contender might be just around the corner, especially with back-to-school shopping just around the corner.
Monday, July 26, 2010
Attempting reverse bribery: "But if you buy me a new monster truck then I will be good the rest of the time we are at Walmart!"
Being difficult in public: "But I'm not going to eat anything at all. Nothing. I'm not hungry. I want a salad."
Perfecting persistence: "But Barbie and Ken want to go to the swimming pool with me today. I told Ken I'm going to teach him how to dive."
Enlisting Nana: "But Nana would want me to have some bubble gum!"
Working his Southern charm: "I think I'm about as cute as a bullfrog!"
There really never is a dull moment around our house!
Friday, July 23, 2010
- I love how Jackson says, "Eye-Ron Man" instead of "Iron Man."
- I love that Jackson insists on dropping down in the middle of random places and doing a few push ups because he "needs to do his extersizing!"
- I love that Jackson goes into Jeremy's bathroom drawer and helps himself to Jeremy's "odorant" before we leave the house.
- I love that Jackson has been running around the house in his underwear playing soldiers. I keep asking him why he doesn't have his clothes on and he says it's because he's fighting Pharaoh. I'm not quite sure what he's talking about, but a kiddo wearing nothing but tighty whities is just nothing but cuteness, regardless of his reasoning!
- I love that Jackson has inherited my hatred of pickles and mustard!
- And I love that for the past few weeks Jackson has asked me at least 87 times a day, "Am I 4 yet?" Because before I know it, he will be, and I'm just enjoying every second of time with my favorite little man!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Bono's political rantings just drive me nuts. I'm so tired of celebrities who think that just because they are talented they can shove their political ideology down our throats. Who are you, Obama?
See when Miley was Hannah Montana I was fine with her. Now she's trying to be all Britneyish and I'm just wondering if her handlers realize that she's still under 18, because obviously her parents have forgotten that little tidbit.
Okay Gaga, we get it that you are trying to get noticed with your crazy outfits and wild getups. You've been noticed. Now how about trying to blend in for a change, mmkay? Cause right now you just look like a creepy idiot.
I may sound like a horrible person, but I don't care how many kids these two adopt. I'm never going to like them. She's such a home-wrecker.
And finally, the couple that I most wish would go away....Speidi
Did I miss anyone?
Have a great day!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
I can't even describe how proud of him I am. He's doing so good!!! My next thing is to purchase an underwater camera so you can check out the smiles he gives when he's diving in! Y'all will love it!
Have a great day!
Monday, July 19, 2010
And I've been completely open with the fact that I adore President George W. Bush.
And not to sound stalkerish, but I've even confessed that I have a picture of W on display in my living room. Well, that does sound a little stalkerish, but the picture is there none-the-less. It's from a speaking engagement he did in 2004 on social security that I was lucky enough to be able to attend. A friend of my Mom's was sitting really close to the stage and got his autograph, and that's how I got such a close-up shot.
I was just beside myself that I actually got to be in the same room as the President of the United States, and I was giddy like a school girl. Fast forward 6 years, and that picture is still on display in my living room.
The other night Jackson got to looking at the picture:
Jackson: "Mama, who is that up there in that picture?"
Me: "That's President George W. Bush. He used to be the President of the United States."
Jackson: "Why do you have his picture?"
Me: "I got to see him a few years ago and I really, really like him, so that's why I have his picture."
Jackson: "I want to go see him."
Me: "Well, he's not our President anymore. Obama is our President now."
Jackson: "But I don't want to see him because I don't like him."
Me: "Me either, sweetie. Me either."
He really is a child after my own heart...
Friday, July 16, 2010
Aaron Karo presents Ruminations.com :: auflag's rumination
Have a great day!
Or maybe it's because I didn't sleep good last night...
Or maybe it's because nominating committee has fried my brain.
Or maybe it's because it's too hot to even think...
But whatever the reason, this show absolutely cracks me up. Call me sick, but there's something so stinking funny about watching people fall down, especially when I'm not involved!
I bet you can't not laugh!
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
That happened to me tonight.
For six years now I have been responsible for signing girls up for church camp. We always have 2 groups go: one with just girls, and one with mothers and daughters. The camp for the girls was last week, and I had the mother/daughter camp scheduled and confirmed for last Friday and Saturday night.
Imagine my surprise when one of the girls camp up to me tonight at church and said, "My Mom wants to know what time she needs to be at camp tomorrow." My response was, "Ummm...camp was last week."
After a brief phone conversation, the mother told me that the form she had said that the date for camp was July 15-17. My first thought was, "She's got her dates wrong." I thought that the whole way home (in a rather self-righteous manner if I'm being completely honest with you) until Jeremy found my camp papers that showed that these two mothers did in fact sign up for the July 15-17th camp, and I had signed them up for the July 9-10 camp.
Talk about wanting to die.
There I had been wondering what Mom would screw up the dates for her kids to go to camp because, hello, that's what calendars are for, when the real problem was with me all along.
I've been sending girls to this church camp for 6 years and I've never made a mistake on registering the girls. It was a simple enough error; I simply wasn't paying attention. I looked at a mark on the form and "saw" what I thought I saw, when in fact, I just screwed up.
I immediately called both of the mothers and apologized profusely for my mistake. I didn't cut corners or make excuses; I owned it. This was my screw up, and I'm kicking myself for making such a stupid mistake. And while I know that mistakes happen, and no one is perfect, I hate it for these girls and their mothers. I hate that something I did caused such a big problem. The mothers were both so gracious about everything, but I'm just so upset with myself.
So tomorrow morning at 7:30 I'm going to be on the phone begging and pleading to get these girls into camp. Please say a prayer that things work out, especially for these girls who were so excited about camp.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm about to go eat a big piece of humble pie.
*Updated* I got everything worked out with no problems, and everyone is now at camp. Thanks so much for your prayers!
Monday, July 12, 2010
- Because I've learned that it's so much more fun to put down the camera and capture the moment as opposed to trying to capture the picture.
- Because I've learned that sometimes it's best to leave the husband at home so that you can hang out with a friend, even if it's just for a few minutes.
- Because I've learned that while blogging is fun, family is more fun.
- Because I've learned that watching Jackson play his hardest and come out of his shell is so worth it, even when it's insanely hot outside.
But mostly I'm not blogging tonight because I learned that where Jackson is concerned, an orange snow cone + 95 degree weather + an inflatable bouncy thing = a recipe for disaster!
The guys (including my cute husband, 2nd from the right!)
Papa, Gigi and Jackson before the wedding
Jeremy's sister, Amy and her husband Adam
Me with my handsome boys!
Gigi and Jackson checking out the fish pond.
Mimi and Jackson before the wedding
Ben and his ring bearer Jackson during pictures!
Ben seeing Lacey for the first time!
And here's the answer to how Jackson did: As long as he was with Jeremy he was fine! He even helped escort ladies to their seats while Jeremy was serving as usher! However, he refused to walk in by himself, so Jeremy ended up carrying him into the wedding!
The result of that was Jeremy ended up holding Jackson during the entire wedding ceremony! I guess I can't complain; Jackson didn't make a peep during the service, although it just about killed Jeremy's arms!
The happy couple, Ben and Lacey Wade!
Have a great day!
Friday, July 09, 2010
You know what's more fun than that? Knowing that you are leaving to go out of town in the morning at 6:00, and that you really need your camera this weekend.
And do you know what's more fun than that? How about when you are trying to figure out how in the world you are going to get your camera before you leave to go out of town at 6:00 in the morning, only to get pulled over for speeding.
That's loads of fun.
There I was, minding my own business, trying to figure out how to get myself out of this camera mess when I passed a police officer. I slowed down immediately, but it was too late. As soon as he passed me his brake lights lit up, he turned the car around and flipped on his lights. I pulled over into a neighborhood and was already searching for our insurance card out of the glove compartment when he came up to my car.
Officer: "Can I see your license and registration?"
Me: "Yes sir. Here they are."
Officer: "Do you know how fast you were going?"
Me: "No sir. You see, I've been in Selma all day, and I just realized that I left my camera there at work, and we have to go out of town to my brother-in-law's wedding this weekend, and we're leaving at 6:00 in the morning and I was just trying to figure out how I was going to get my camera before we go to Mississippi, and I guess I wasn't paying attention."
Officer: "You were going 68 in a 45."
Officer: "Have you ever had a speeding ticket?"
Me: "No sir."
Officer: "Any warrants?"
Me: "NO sir!"
Officer: "I'm going to let you go with a warning to slow down. We all get distracted, but I really appreciate your honesty with me."
After running my plates, and probably laughing at my candor about my camera situation, I was sent on my merry way with a verbal warning.
I love nice police officers!
And honestly, I would have been more upset about having my "I've Never Gotten A Ticket" record shattered than I would have been about actually getting a ticket. Nevertheless, I'm slowing it down this weekend and letting Jeremy drive!
What's the reason we're in such a hurry to get out of town? Jeremy's brother Ben is getting married this weekend! We're so excited for Ben and Lacey, and pray that God blesses their marriage! And y'all please can pray for good weather since it's an outdoor wedding.
And Jackson is the ring bearer, so I'm sure I'll have some cute pictures or funny stories to share with y'all next week. I'm betting on a funny story since I'm not convinced that he's actually going to walk the aisle!
Thursday, July 08, 2010
Wednesday, July 07, 2010
Tuesday, July 06, 2010
The Wade's! Loving some popcorn.....
And since the stars aligned and Jeremy and I both had Monday off, we decided to watch Eclipse. We both love the books and we were excited to see the next installment in the movie series. If you haven't seen it yet, you HAVE to go. It was so good, and it got both of us so excited to see Breaking Dawn when it comes out!
And y'all, just so you know, I'm totally Team Edward when reading the books....
But I'm Team Jacob at the movies!
Have a great day!
Sunday, July 04, 2010
Friday, July 02, 2010
Free Advice Friday
1. Under no circumstance do you wear flip flops with socks. Never. Under. Any. Circumstance.
2. Keep your nails trimmed and polished. It doesn't take much effort. Really. This does pertain to guys too, minus the polish part. And speaking of polish, try to refrain from black polish in the summer. Would some "Pink Flamenco" OPI kill ya?
3. This was brought to my attention as the pet peeve of one of my friends. Pay close attention. If your feet are a tad too big for your flip flops, and they tend to "sausage" over your shoes, you may not need to be wearing foot exposing shoes. Either that, or buy bigger shoes. I hate to hurt feelings out there in blog world, but it is just a basic fashion no-no. Sausaging feet are never okay.
4. Do not ever say anything about feet to the pregnant lady you see wearing flip flops anywhere in public, even if you deem it a not-appropriate place to wear flip flops. Chances are she is wearing them because nothing else will slide on anymore. She really doesn't need attention drawn to her swelling lower limbs. She is fully aware of them. Thanks!
5. That being said, if you get the chance to meet the President at the White House, don't wear flip flops during your photo op. It just doesn't look real classy.
With those basic rules, you should be well on your way to enjoying flip flops this summer. If you have any questions about the rules, please email me at email@example.com and I would be happy to clarify.