Friday, December 10, 2010

What Pregnancy Taught Me This Week

  • Being told by your OB that what you thought was just a very sore knot on your lower back is in fact a "fatty lipoma" will make you feel like a fat heifer. It doesn't help that your overweight dog has fatty lipomas too. Then, when you google "lipoma" you find out that they normally affect people who are middle aged. Talk about adding insult to injury.

  • Finding out that you are still at a negative weight loss for your pregnancy will make you one happy camper! Well, you will be happy until you find out that you have a fatty tumor on your back.

  • That the most delicious peppermint hot cocoa will taste the exact same when you are throwing it back up.

  • That my body pillow is my best friend, until 3:00 in the morning when Jackson decides to visit our bed, and there isn't room for Jeremy, Jackson, the pillow (I've come to think of it as a 3rd person!) and myself in our queen sized bed. So sadly, the pillow doesn't get to stay with me all night.

  • That buying yet another $4 container of blackberries will make you question giving in to your cravings, but not so much that you end up not buying the blackberries.

  • That heartburn is a helacious force of nature that strikes without warning. That, my friends, is completely unfair. Something that strong should come with a warning label.

3 random thoughts:

Pam said...

Nice to know that about the cocoa. LOL I only threw up one time ever while preggers. At church. In a bathroom full of women. That I didn't know. And it wasn't peppermint cocoa. Maybe I should'a had that instead. ; )

Wow...I was never in the negative for weight while pg. Never. And go for those berries. They're good for you. I craved bell peppers. At least they're cheaper. LOL

Lianne said...

Been there, done that, got the baby...Have you tried Titralac for the heartburn? Worked better than Tums for me. God bless you!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Um, Chick-fil-A also tastes about the same coming back up. Biscuits AND sandwiches. You're welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...