Monday, November 08, 2010

Wishing On A Flying Star

The other night Jackson and I were cuddled up before he went to bed. It's during those times before bed when we end up having some of the best conversations, and this night in particular was no disappointment.

Jackson: "Mommy, have you ever wished on a flying star?"
Me: "I've wished on a shooting star."
Jackson: "Same thing. I want to wish on one tonight."
Me: "Sounds good to me. What do you want to wish for?"
Jackson: "Let me think a second. How about I wish for my Mommy and my Daddy and my baby. And I'll wish for Macy and my whole family. And my toys. And that Jesus doesn't die on the cross anymore! How does that sound?"
Me: "That sounds like a great wish to me!"
Jackson: "Yeah, I did do pretty good tonight!"

In a million years, I could have never wished for as great a kid as Jackson, and yet somehow he ended up as mine. I've been so blessed!

2 random thoughts:

Pam said...

I love those nightly conversations. I still have them with my girl on occasion ...curled up in bed. She loves it and so do I. I'm glad she'll talk to me. Some girls her age won't even look at their moms.

Rachel said...

Too cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...