Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What Drives Me Crazy About Wal-Mart

I had to make a last minute stop at Wal-Mart last night after a Pampered Chef party. It was there, amongst the other people just like me who were willing to shop in drizzly conditions, that I got to thinking about some of the things that drive me crazy about Wal-Mart. This list is by no means conclusive....
  • Buggies that resemble small cars being pushed down the aisles. As if there isn't enough anxiousness about parking your buggy in the aisle for too long, now they're pushing these small cars on us. I can't handle the pressure of steering the dumb thing!

  • The milk is on the complete opposite side from the dog food, way back in the corner. It seems like I'm always having to reach all 4 corners of our humongous supercenter because of some random thing on my list. I think that's their plan.

  • Only having 2 aisles open in the entire store. Years ago Wal-Mart used to have a sign posted that said if there were more than 3 people in a line, that a new line would be opened up. Now, you're lucky if you only have 5 people in front of you. That's why I don't feel bad about reading magazines while I'm waiting.

  • Self Checkout. Sam Walton would roll over in his grave to think that he was going to have customers checking themselves out. Where's the service? I usually refuse to use the self checkout aisles out of principle. By gosh, if I'm going to check myself out, you better be giving me a discount.

  • Last night I gave into self checkout temptation due to the insane lines and ended up getting carded for buying cough medicine for Jackson. So a guy that worked at the self checkout had to actually come check me out, which to me completely defeats the purpose.

  • Our Wal-Mart has a redbox machine inside one of the lobbies. The weird thing is, they park and charge the electric scooters a foot away from the redbox machine, which means you practically end up sitting in the scooter chair trying to browse the redbox machine. Fun times.

  • The Express Lanes for people with 10 and under. Why is it that when I have two or three things to buy, that I always end up getting stuck behind someone who is cheating on the express lane? You're not fooling me, mister, with your buggy full of stuff!

  • People who leave dirty diapers, trash and chewed up gum in the parking lot. Disgusting! Who does that kind of stuff?

And since I'm doing a post about Wal-Mart, I just had to share a link to People of Wal-Mart. If you are feeling down, just click on over. You can't help but enjoy some of Wal-Marts finest! **I can't be held responsible for some of the language there. Just enjoy the pics!**

What drives you crazy about Wal-Mart?

2 random thoughts:

Pam said...

Oh my goodness..Walmart! I hate those bigger carts. And then mom will be pushing around one of those weird ones that holds 3 kids with one ten year old in it..taking up the entire isle. A little part of my brain explodes every time I see one of those. (on the plus side, the kid isn't walking around aimlessly in my way!)

I love self checkout. It feeds my anti-social and nit picky nature and I don't have to mess with "people". But I agree..I should get a discount.

I was there over the weekend and as I was getting ready to put my basket back in the corral in the parking lot, this guy was pulling his short suv IN FRONT OF the parking corral. I stood there with my hands on my cart, with my face AND LIPS asking the obvious question "DUDE, are you really gonna park there?". He looked at me as if to be asking permission. I shook my head 'no'. He backed up enough for me to put my cart in. Then pulled up into the parking spot. I was shocked. It wasn't a good parking place. And he wasn't even headed toward the front of the store..he walked off behind the garden area to a shopping center beside it. And there were much closer parking spots than the fake one he used. VERY ODD. People of Walmart indeed!

Esther said...

You know that sign on restaurants and businesses that say, "No shirt, no shoes, no service?" At Wal-Mart, it should also include "no bra." Eeek.

P.S. I had the ham and cheese calzone at the Pampered Chef party I went to on Friday--it's SOOOOO good- I agree with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...