Friday, November 12, 2010

Toy Story 3 Will Be The End Of Me

We saw Toy Story 3 when it first came out back in the summer. I loved the movie until the ending, at which time I bawled like a baby. It was ridiculous and quite embarassing about how badly I was boo-hooing over the movie. I don't know if it's because I'm the mother of a little boy who is growing up way too quickly, or I'm just a sap, but whatever the reason, I left that theater a mess.

Now the movie has come out on home video and my parents got a copy that they have let us borrow. So far we've watched it about 6 times, and I've yet to make it through without crying. Blame it on pregnancy hormones, or being a mother, or just being a woman. I have no idea why I'm like this, but every time I think of Andy growing up and going off to college, Woody being separated from his friends, and worse, the toys getting put in the attic or thrown away, I lose it.

Jeremy and Jackson seem rather amused at my antics, and the other night my sweet little boy did his best to cheer me up. He walked over to me, gave me a big hug and kiss and said, "Mama, I can't wait until I go off to college and get rid of all my toys!"

Gee thanks kiddo. There's nothing like pouring salt into an open wound...

5 random thoughts:

Pam said...

We are not even going there with that movie! We watched TS2 when little Bub was in treatment and have many parts of it memorized. We watched it THAT much. Really. But given our circumstances, I'll pass.

My hubs makes fun of me when I cry at movies. I left Beauty and the Beast bawling when we were newlyweds. I didn't have a kid around to help (mock) me yet though.

You're a braver girl than I, if you'll put yourself through it more than once! : )

Mom said...

You just don't know how many times I picked up the Barbie's that got ruined in the attic to throw them away. I would think of Toy Story
3; then, I would think of you. Boohooing!!! Finally, I just thought -- they have got to go; they are beyond repair. THEN, you found out what I did. So sorry!!! A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do!!! I couldn't let you see me put them in the garbage. You would NEVER let me do that. Bye bye -- you're be good to me and now it's time to go. Wait -- there's more!!! Remember, I have your toys since you were born (30 years of toys). Instead of "To infinity" ... "UNTIL JANUARY 2011!!!" Rubbermaid containers here I come. Amy fighting me all the way. Now, who is going to put the toys in the attic!!!

Candy Jones said...

That little guy is too smart for his own good! Even if he is an Auburn offspring : ) He's gonna be a great big brother!

Rachel said...

We haven't watched it yet because Ali is EXTREMELY sensitive about movies. Anything remotely scary or sad or anything, she gets all upset about. So far, the only movies she COMPLETELY likes are Tinkerbell and Toy Story 2. So how does it relate on the scary/sad for little kids angle?

Esther said...

The part in the garbage dump. Where they all hold hands.

Gets me every time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...