Monday, October 11, 2010

So The Weekend Ended Much Better For Me Than It Did For The Mice At The Zoo

Jeremy had to work this weekend so it was just Jackson and I. We headed to a local consignment sale early Saturday morning and I scored two hoodies for Jackson for only $5. I was looking for jeans for him, but apparently all boys size 3T-4T are really rough on the blue jeans because there were only about 3 pairs to choose from, and I didn't like any of those.

After our sale Jackson and I took advantage of our zoo membership and headed out for the morning. Jackson is obsessed with the zoo, and the kiddo knows his way around the zoo like a champ. With as much as he likes animals right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he grew up to be a zoologist or a vet. He's crazy about animals! His favorite animals at the zoo are the giraffes and the penguins, and the best part is that our zoo now has an area where you can go out and feed the giraffes. It's so cool!

And with Jackson, typical of any boy, no trip to the zoo is complete without a trip through the reptile house. I don't really care for it, but I'm willing to sacrifice my disdain for creepy, crawly snakes if it makes him happy. It was there that we happened upon their crocodile monitor having his morning breakfast of 3 frozen mice. I was afraid that it was going to freak Jackson out, but he was fascinated. Big surprise there! (As if!) I, however, did not enjoy watching his little breakfast display. It seemed like there should have been a parental warning like, "Beware, once you turn this corner you (and your children) will see a rodent homicide taking place. Proceed with caution!" After we watched the monitor finish off his victims, it was time for a train ride and then we called it a day. We enjoyed a nice nap and then relaxed for the rest of the afternoon.

Then, Saturday afternoon Alabama lost and Auburn won which made me a very happy camper! War Eagle! I was so excited about that!

Sunday was a typical church day with an afternoon nap before taking Jackson to children's choir. But, when I got home and checked my blog feed, I found an amazing surprise! I had won a $100 gift card to Target from Katherine at Grass Stains. I was so excited! This is by far the biggest thing I've won online, and I'm so happy! If you don't read Grass Stains, then my need to head on over. Her blog is fantastic! Thank you Katherine for such a great giveaway!!!

So, like I said before, my weekend was much better than the mice from the zoo! Have a great day!!!

1 random thoughts:

Pam said...

Ga-ross about the mice. Our vet took my girl around one time to show her things in the office and there were tons of baby mice in a container and I asked if they were pets or food. BOTH. Ga-ross! At least I didn't have to watch it happen though. Food chain in action, I guess. : p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...