Thursday, September 23, 2010

Here’s Your Sign

Now that I have a job that I’m on the road 3 days a week, I have lots of time spent sitting in the car by myself, which gives me the chance to see random things all over my state. Here are some of my observations from this week:

Speed Limit Sign: When a speed limit sign says “35”, that means that you can actually go 35 miles an hour. It doesn’t  mean that you need to drive 15 mph just to make sure that you aren’t speeding.

Hwy Sign: It’s never a good thing when your GPS tells you to make 2 unexpected turns, and the second turn just so happens to take you down a dirt road. That  happened to me today.

Used Car Lot Sign: I’m guessing that naming your used car lot, “The Lemon Lot” didn’t do much for business.

Cruel Advertising: I spotted a “Beef: It’s What’s For Dinner” sign right beside a pasture of grazing cattle. Those poor, tasty cows had no idea!

False Advertising: McDonald’s advertising their Hot Fudge Sundaes only to find out when you pull into the drive thru that their machine is down. Talk about a let down!

Campaign Sign: I spotted a sign for our current Attorney General who recently lost his bid for reelection in our primaries. His slogan was, “He’s a Keeper!” I guess our state disagreed!

Have a great day!

2 random thoughts:

Pam said...

I hate it when people go waaay below the speed limit, just in case. I find myself hollerin' GOOOO from behind my steering wheel. Then I pass the older 4 foot tall lady with hands firmly clutched at 10 and 2 and feel just a leetle bit bad. Just a little.

Rachel said...

Nice. We always joke that mcdonald's milkshake machine NEVER works. It's a conspiracy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...