Friday, July 02, 2010

Free Advice Friday

Originally posted June 13, 2008

Free Advice Friday

The Rules of Flip Flops!

I love flip flops in the summer. I have about 15 pairs of Old Navy in just about every color you can think of. You can't have too many 2 for $5 shoes in my opinion. Here are my basic rules for flip flopping in the summer. They are pretty simple, but pay close attention.

1. Under no circumstance do you wear flip flops with socks. Never. Under. Any. Circumstance.

2. Keep your nails trimmed and polished. It doesn't take much effort. Really. This does pertain to guys too, minus the polish part. And speaking of polish, try to refrain from black polish in the summer. Would some "Pink Flamenco" OPI kill ya?

3. This was brought to my attention as the pet peeve of one of my friends. Pay close attention. If your feet are a tad too big for your flip flops, and they tend to "sausage" over your shoes, you may not need to be wearing foot exposing shoes. Either that, or buy bigger shoes. I hate to hurt feelings out there in blog world, but it is just a basic fashion no-no. Sausaging feet are never okay.

4. Do not ever say anything about feet to the pregnant lady you see wearing flip flops anywhere in public, even if you deem it a not-appropriate place to wear flip flops. Chances are she is wearing them because nothing else will slide on anymore. She really doesn't need attention drawn to her swelling lower limbs. She is fully aware of them. Thanks!

5. That being said, if you get the chance to meet the President at the White House, don't wear flip flops during your photo op. It just doesn't look real classy.

With those basic rules, you should be well on your way to enjoying flip flops this summer. If you have any questions about the rules, please email me at auflag@yahoo.com and I would be happy to clarify.

2 random thoughts:

Snowbrush said...

Grits? My wife likes grits. I'm definitely a fan of popcorn and cornbread, but grits are a way down the scale in my list of great cereals. They're pretty good baked with cheese though.

Pam said...

I try to keep my little piggies painted in the summer. It just looks SO MUCH BETTER. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...