Thursday, June 10, 2010

After Much Thoughtful Consideration...

I jumped on the Farmville wagon several months ago. At first I couldn't see what the big deal was, but then, just like I had been warned, I got hooked! I was a farming maniac, and with my harvester, seeder and tractor, I was on a roll mastering crops and earning ribbons. I even found a website that would help me figure out exactly when my crops, animals and trees would be ready to harvest.

I am completely aware of how geeky this makes me sound.

Looking back, I probably should have realized that I was taking this game far too seriously when I had a friend log into my farmville account to harvest my crops when I was going to be out of town for the weekend. I just didn't want to bear the thought of my crops withering.

Typing that I realize that I'm a complete geek.

But lately I've become bored with Farmville. It might be because of the fact that although I'm on level 41 and have accumulated 3,282,947 farm coins I still don't have enough money to buy anything decent because I am NOT spending real money on a computer game.

Or maybe it was because Farmville kept trying to come up with harebrained things to add more to the game, but mostly it was just clogging up my facebook requests with things like, "So and so needs you to send them a nail to build a barn."

I'm sorry. Did you mistake my farm for Home Depot?

Or maybe it was frustration because my border colllie that cost me 300,000 coins ran away for the second time when I didn't feed him due to the fact that I didn't have $5 farmcash to buy doggie kibble and I couldn't get my friends to send me any.

Whatever the reason, I was done. I'm just over the game. So tonight I dropped in to visit my farm one last time. See how pretty and symmetrical it was!

Then I clicked "the button"...

And ended it...

C'est la vie Farmville. It was nice knowing ya!

3 random thoughts:

Pam said...

I don't play any games or give flowers or gifts or want to know about anybody else's games etc. I saw a billboard right by our house the other day that 7-11 is giving Mafia War code thingys away when you buy a Big Gulp. So that was the free gift? Something to play a game online? Wow.

Good for you. Come on over to the non playing side of Facebook! : )

Rachel said...

Way to go, Amy!! Way to beat the addiction!

I've never started it because I'm well aware that I'd love it, and then I couldn't make fun of Farmville players any more.

Esther said...

I'm getting close to doing the same thing....it's getting kind of old. Like a new toy about a month after Christmas. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...