Friday, January 15, 2010

Weekly Recap

• Remember on Tuesday when I told you that I needed to find a spot for Alabama Governor Bob Riley in my perfect cabinet for the next administration? Well, I didn’t tell y’all this beforehand because it wasn’t a done deal, but I got the chance to meet Gov. Riley at a luncheon through my work on Wednesday. I got his autograph (because I’m such a politically conservative dork!) and then asked him if I could get my picture with him. He of course said yes, so I went up onto the podium, around the security guy, and got a picture with him.

He was super nice, and in the thirty or so seconds that we talked we practically became best friends!


I actually got two pictures taken, but the first one wasn’t exactly a flattering picture of me. Since this is my blog, I decided to just opt out of sharing that one! I guess I’ve taken a page out of Obama’s book on being open and transparent!

• And guess what I’m considering doing tomorrow with Jackson? Attempting a trip to Build-A-Bear with him. Just the two of us. I know, call me crazy! We got another coupon for a free bear in the mail, and I just can’t pass up a free (up to $12) stuffed animal.

Let’s just hope that it works out better than our last solo trip to Build-A-Bear!

• Last night we went to go see comedian Brian Regan with my family, and oh mercy, I laughed until I literally couldn’t breathe. I laughed to point of snorting. It was quite attractive, really!

Here's a youtube clip of him in case you need a laugh today!


• And y’all, let me tell you something that I did the other day that was just too funny not to share. Jeremy’s Mom had emailed me and asked if I would send her a new picture of Jackson for her desktop background. I happily obliged and flipped through some pictures on my computer, found one from a few weeks ago that I haven’t shared yet, cropped it a bit, and sent it on.

She sent me an email yesterday with a picture attached of her new desktop background.


Cute, right?

I told her how much I liked the picture and then we emailed back and forth for a few more minutes until she sent me an email that said, “Did you notice anything about the picture?”

Perplexed, I went back to the picture she sent me and looked it over for a few minutes. I didn’t notice anything at all, so I emailed her back saying, “Am I missing something?”

She responded back and said, “Look at the picture you sent me and then the one I sent you back. His left hand.”

I flipped through my emails to find the picture that I had sent to her and when I pulled it up I just died laughing. Here’s the picture I sent her:


Notice anything?

Anything at all?

Apparently I was way too busy looking at this:

To notice this:


Or I would have sent it like this:


After I quit laughing hysterically, I wrote back, "OMG!!!! I totally didn’t see that at all! I’m dying laughing over here. I hope you are too!"

She responded back that she thought it was hilarious. Can I hear an amen for MIL's that have a good sense of humor! With the help of a coworker and photo shop, she ended up with a picture that was actually appropriate to be on her work desktop, instead of an interesting conversation piece at work, especially considering that he's as tall as her computer screen in the picture!

And we all lived happily ever after! Have a great weekend!

3 random thoughts:

Pam said...

We love Build-a Bear.. but we've never ended up in the ER afterwards either. ; )

I'm glad he's not shooting the birdie at anybody... now. LOL Oh my gosh!

Rachel said...

LOL! Ali has a thing about her middle finger too - it tends to always stick out. Good thing your MIL didn't think you'd done it on purpose!! Although I DID put a pic of Ali doing that on my FIL's Christmas present - on purpose!! But only because I knew he'd think it was hilarious. :)

Samantha said...

It's never a dull moment in your house, huh?

I have not one, but two pictures of me as a child, and when I say child - I mean BABY, where my middle finger is making a fun appearance.

So he's not alone!

And I LOVE Brian Regan. He's hilarious.

Good luck at Build-a-Bear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...