Friday, October 16, 2009

Tales From The Daddy Side

Jeremy overheard Jackson saying the Pledge of Allegiance the other day. We knew he knew the Pledge to the Christian flag, but this was new to us. After hearing all about how cute he sounded when Jeremy heard it, and much begging, pleading and bribery, I finally got to hear it for myself last night:

I pwedge Allegiance to the Christian Flag of the United States of America, and to the Publix for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for frogs.

Isn’t that about the cutest thing ever….

And Jeremy and Jackson were getting ready for school yesterday morning when Jackson spotted our thermometer on our bedside table. He started playing with it, and when Jeremy spotted him he told him that he couldn’t play with our real thermometer, that he needed to play with the one from his doctor kit.

Jeremy then put the thermometer on top of our television in our bedroom so Jackson couldn’t reach it. Jackson said, “I can get it” and dumped our laundry basket out, drug it over to the TV, flipped it over, stood on it, and got the thermometer down.

Not to be outsmarted by a three year old, Jeremy then walked into the kitchen and put the thermometer on top of the refrigerator. Jackson said, “I can still get it” and grabbed the laundry basket, climbed on top, and of course was nowhere near able to reach the thermometer.

Jackson was not deterred. He then pulled one of our kitchen chairs to the refrigerator and tried again. Still not tall enough.

Not giving up, Jackson then walked into the bathroom, picked up his step stool, walked back into the kitchen and put it on top of the kitchen chair. He then climbed on top of the stool on top of the chair and easily reached the thermometer. He looked back at Jeremy and said, “I told you I could get it!”

We are so gonna have our hands full with this kid….

2 random thoughts:

Nana said...

Thoughs little wheels are turning mighty fast.

I am so excited about going to the Pumpkin Patch. Looks like it might be a tad cold ... bringing out my orange sweater. Pumpkins, roasted corn ... here we come!!!

Pam said...

I laughed out loud when I read 'the pledge'.... tooo cute!

Yikes on the climbing.. I never had a climber, so I don't know that I have much advice. Just 'oh my'. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...