Friday, August 28, 2009

Just a Spoonful of Sugar (Or Zyrtec)

I've told you in the past that I have issues with hypochondria and that Jackson seems to have inherited that trait from me. Actually, he could have gotten from either me or Jeremy because we both tend to have a "sky is falling" mentality as far as our personal health care is concerned. But that is neither here nor there.

Anywho....

Jackson is on a maintenance dose of Zyrtec to help with his seasonal allergies and eczema. He takes 1/2 tsp every morning like it's candy. So this morning I was on my own with Jackson because Jeremy had to head out of town at the unholy hour of 5:00 this morning. Jackson was sitting at the table eating his cereal when he said, "Momma, I'm not feeling berry (very) good."

Fearing the swine flu which is rampant in our area right now, I asked him what was wrong.

Jackson said (in a completely normal voice), "I can't talk because of my allergies. I need my Zyrtec. In a cup, please." I got down the Zyrtec and poured the dose into a medicine cup. Jackson took it and about 2 seconds later announced, "I'm feeling all better now. My allergies are gone and I can talk now!"

It's so nice when Momma can make it better things better in less than 30 seconds!!

And you can just call me Mary Poppins...

3 random thoughts:

Pam said...

Or Mommy Poppins! : )

Miranda said...

Did I ever tell you I have a minor in psychology from AUM? So when Jackson needs a therapist, send him my way. Between the shark in the livingroom, the whole benadryl addiction and now the zyrtec - this kid is going to have issues for years! LoL!

Have fun at the beach this week!

Rachel said...

LOL! I love their ideas of not feeling well, and how quickly they go away! Don't you wish ours did that?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...