Monday, June 29, 2009

My Hubbie

On Thursday Ethan, Zach and Emma's Mom, asked me to tell y'all about my first date with my husband.

I will do that in a minute, but not before I tell you about what my husband got duped into thinking this weekend.

Jeremy went to go get his haircut on Saturday while Jackson and I were grocery shopping. We go to one of those "no appointment neccesary" kind of places and they have recently hired a male hairstylist who is more than a little sweet on his feet. This guy is the one who cut Jeremy's hair. We meet up a little while later in Walmart and as we are pulling out of the WalMart parking lot when Jeremy turns to me and says, "I asked the guy cutting my hair why it is that one of my sideburns grows in longer than the other.

Me: (looking at him blankly waiting for an obvious punchline, such as, "perhaps they were cut different."

Jeremy: "He stepped back and took a good look at me and told me it's because my right ear hangs lower than my left ear."

Me: (busting out laughing as I begin to sing):

Do your ears hang low?
Do they wobble to and fro?
Can you tie them in a knot?
Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them o'er your shoulder
Like a Continental Soldier?
Do your ears hang low?

Jeremy: "I'm serious Amy. I looked at myself in the mirror and my ear really does hang lower."

Me: (still laughing) "So you're ears really do hang low, huh?"

Jeremy: "I don't want to talk about this anymore."

Me: "What did you say? I couldn't hear you. My ears were hanging too low!!!"

Let the record show that Jeremy's ears are completely normal!

And about our first date.

Did you know that Jeremy and I met on the Internet?

In 1999.

So our first date was the first time we ever met in person.

Ever.

Our meeting place was at the Galleria in Birmingham, AL because that was the middle ground from where we both lived.

And you know that if you ever meet someone from the Internet, it HAS to be in a public place.

So we met at Parisians, and it was perfect from the first moment.

We walked around for hours.

We talked about so much.

He was such a gentleman.

We ate dinner at Ruby Tuesday's because we're fancy like that.

And after ice cream it was time to head back to our houses.

And before leaving the mall we had already decided to meet again.

And now 10 years later the rest is history!

2 random thoughts:

Esther said...

That's an AWESOME story! How romantic. *sigh* Thanks for sharing! :-)

Candy Jones said...

Very sweet. I remember you telling me that before. And the ear story made me laugh. Sorry, Jeremy. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...