Monday, May 11, 2009

Super Busy, Super Fun Weekend

Hey y'all! I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I did! It was a perfect weekend, and I loved every minute of it. I've got pictures galore today!

First up: On the way home from work on Friday I turned into our neighborhood and spotted a turtle crossing the road. I knew Jackson would love to see it, so I did what any mother would do; I stopped my car in the middle of the street, rushed out to go pick up the turtle, and put him in the floorboard of the passenger side of my car. I got him out when I got home and Jackson loved him! We ended up driving him down to the creek close to our house to set him free. We got to watch him swim off and Jackson has talked about it ever since!

He was a Southern Painted Turtle.

For the record, Jeremy wouldn't touch the turtle. I should get "Super Mommy" points for bringing him home!

Free at last!

Then, Friday night, Jeremy and I took Jackson over to play with his buddy "Laytnon Lewis." His name is really Layton, but ever since Jackson met him, he has been "Laytnon Lewis" and Layton calls Jackson, "Jackin." They are too cute together!
Isn't Layton a cutie!

Jackson had a blast!

On Saturday morning I did my usual morning routine, but after lunch I headed off to Auburn to go watch Amy's husband, Dr. Adam Charles Knight, walk in his graduation service. We are very proud of Adam for his hard work and dedication. He is an Assistant Professor of Sport Biomechanics in the Department of Kinesiology at Mississippi State University. Just so you know, I felt smart just typing that last sentence, so I can only imagine how smart he feels!

Then on Sunday, it was Mother's Day and I decided to invite my family over for lunch at my house. I cooked a ham, made homemade mashed potatoes, butter beans, and cornbread. It was delicious, and we had such a good time. After everyone left Jackson and I had a wonderful nap and when we got up, it was play time! Jackson loved Layton's pool so much that I bought him one on Saturday morning. I set it up on Sunday afternoon, and spent the final few hours of my amazing Mother's Day just enjoying the sunshine with my wonderful little boy. He had such a good time in his pool, and his favorite part was splashing me!

Jackson loved filling the pool.

The water hose got away from him!

This is the life!

My precious gift from God!

Such a cutie!

That's all. I hope you have a wonderful day. I've got my tonsillectomy scheduled for tomorrow, so I will be out of pocket for awhile. I hope you have a terrific week!

1 random thoughts:

Candy Jones said...

He is too cute! Sometimes I think he looks just like Jeremy and sometimes I think he looks like your dad. I will be praying for you. Hey, you get to eat lots of ice cream! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...