Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We Scare Because We Care

Jackson has a favorite movie. It's called Silly Monsters. It's also known as Monster's Inc. for those of you who aren't familiar with how scary that movie can be for a toddler when a parent may or may not have forgotten about the scare scenes in the movie. I had to convince him that the movie is silly, and not scary, and now we watch it eleventy thousand times a day. Seriously. Eleventy.Thousand.Times.A.Day. It's basically on repeat and as soon as it's finished we have to start it again. Jackson doesn't care if there is something that is must watch on TV like a new episode of 24. The movie is funny the first 100 times you watch it. After that? Not so much...

I practically have the entire movie memorized. Wanna know some of my favorite lines? Sure you do... here they are in no particular order:

Mike and Sulley at a crosswalk next to a giant monster]
Sulley: Hey, Ted! Good morning! [Ted clucks; light changes and they cross]
Sulley: See that, Mikey? Ted's walking to work.
Mike:Big deal. Guy takes five steps and he's there.

Mike: Roz, my tender, oozing blossom, you're looking fabulous today. Is that a new haircut? Tell me it's a new haircut. It's got to be a new haircut. New makeup? You had a lift? You had a tuck? You had something? Something has been inserted in in you that makes you look... Listen, I need a favor. Randall was working late last night out on the scare floor. I really need the key to the door he was using.
Roz: Well, isn't that nice? But guess what? You didn't turn in your paperwork last night.
Mike: He didn't... I... no paperwork?
Roz: This office is now closed. [Roz closes the window on Mike's fingers]
Mike: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sulley: Hey, Mike, this might sound crazy but I don't think that kid's dangerous. Mike: Really? Well, in that case, let's keep it. I always wanted a pet that could kill me.

Charlie: 2319. We have a 2319!

Needleman: So I said, "If you talk to me like that again, we're through."
Smitty: Oh! What did she say?
Needleman: You know my mom. She sent me to my room.

TV Anchorman: If witnesses are to be believed, there has been a child security breach for the first time in monster history.
CDA Agent: We can neither confirm nor deny the presence of a human child here tonight.
Witness #1: Well the kid flew right over me and blasted a car with its laser vision.
Witness #2: I tried to get away from it, but he picked me up with his mind powers and shook me like a doll.
Witness #3: It's true! I saw the whole thing!
Professor on TV: It is my professional opinion that now it's the time to *panic*!

Sulley(to Boo): That’s a cute little dance you got. Almost looks like you gotta-Oh.

That's enough of the quotes. Now let's enjoy some movie clips. If I have to watch this movie constantly, the least you can do for me is to watch these snippets. Love y'all!





3 random thoughts:

Miranda said...

My dear, movie quoting and slightly obsessed friend: LET ME HELP YOU. Gracie has been like this with several movies. First it was some Barney DVD. Then it was The Chipmunks. Then it was Garfield. Seriously? With the Chipmunks we actually loaned it to someone, got it back a week later, and convinced Gracie for almost a month that they still had our movie. Problem solved!
Bad parenting? More like keeping parental sanity in tact. I can STILL quote Beauty and The Beast today - that was one my sisters watched repeatedly as kids!

Anonymous said...

Guess what Jackson and I watched after supper tonight ... you got it ... Monsters, Inc. I was lucky after it ended; he wanted to watch Nemo. He sat very close to me so the shark wouldn't get him!!! We had a great time.

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Too funny! My kids love that movie, too, but it is on VHS and player broke =(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...