Monday, January 19, 2009

The end of things...

Today is President George W. Bush's last day in office. If you have been reading my blog for any amount you have probably realized that I am a very conservative Republican. I love President Bush. I know that he has made some very unpopular decisions, but I truly feel in my heart that he has done a good job and he made the decisions he made to try to keep our country safe. I believe that he is a firm follower of Christ and I am grateful for that.

So I have a confession to make....

I have teeny tiny crush on W. Not in a "cheat on your spouse" kind of way, first of all because I am happily married and I think he is also, but more in a "I feel like we are supposed to be good friends" kind of way. Friends that just haven't met yet.

I got to see President Bush speak in 2004 at a local university. It was amazing! I went with my Mom and Dad who were only slightly amused at how crazy their oldest daughter was acting. It took 4 hours to go through security but it was worth every minute. He was speaking on social security, so it wasn’t like it was super exciting, but it was more about knowing that OMG… I’m in the same room as the President of the United States the most powerful man on the planet and oh gosh look at all the Secret Service guys around with their cute little ear pieces in and I wonder what they are saying speaking into their hands like that and do you think there are snipers somewhere around here I bet there are maybe even on that roof top right over there and look here comes W looking all handsome in that gray suit and crap I think I just broke my camera and how am I ever going to memorialize this momentous occasion in my life without my camera and oh good Mom has another camera with her and WOW he’s starting to talk again about social security and even though it is a boring topic and I don’t know very much about it I am going to pretend like I do and clap at everything he says because he’s the first President I voted for and I just love this guy….

I could go on and on. I love W as much as I love Rick and Bubba.

I still have a close-up picture on display in my house of W that one of my Mom’s friends took that day. She was sitting on the floor level and got his autograph and a great picture of him.

I was so jealous…

Then on the 1 year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina my brother-in-law Jason was working on a Habitat for Humanity home in New Orleans and guess who just happened to be stopping by the site? You got it...Jason got to meet President Bush. And pray with him. And talk with him. And get his picture taken with him.
Can I go into a “I’m the big sister of someone whose husband touched the hand of President George W. Bush” mode? I was in awe. Jason said that he was just the nicest guy.

Of course he was…

I better wrap this up before the Secret Service come investigate me for being a stalker or something. All that to say, I’m very sad to see him go. I know that he made some very unpopular decisions in his Presidency, but I strongly feel that his faith and his love of country are genuine. I still keep thinking that we are just meant to meet sometime. Almost like he is going to finish packing his U-haul at the White House, turn in the keys to Air Force One, and then just drop on by for a glass of sweet tea with me.
So President Bush, if you ever just happen to drop by Wade’s World, please know that the offer to visit is always open. I'm sure the FBI can look up my address for you. Or, if one of you bloggy readers happens to have his cell phone number I would be gratefully appreciative. Mmmkay?

14 random thoughts:

Rachel said...

Hilarious post!
I too, liked President Bush.
And you know, since his approval ratings are so unbelievably low, you really might have a better chance of getting to be good friends with him than you would with Rick and Bubba. . .I believe they have more fans at this point. I think W would appreciate such an ardent fan!
Maybe once secret service dumps him for the new guy, he'll join Facebook with a "Looking For" of "friendship".

Mom to the 3rd degree said...

You should come visit me in Dallas, they announced where he will be living, working and what gym he joined! Haha, we arent far at all away from where he will be. I drove by his "new job" this weekend in fact while in Dallas, I told Chris we should join his gym, and try to get his home done with the energy effeciency program chris does....lol I'm super exicted at the thought that I could possibly run into the president.....

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Wade,
First of all, I would like to thank you sincerely for your insightful and humorous blog post about my presidency. I follow your blog daily and am very fond of your son, Jackson. Thank you for your kind words, and I would love to have tea with you sometime. I would leave my cell number, but the Secret Service would probably have it deleted. And then your blog would be deleted. And what would I read all day now that my run as President of the United States of America is over?
God Bless and Take Care.
W.

Miranda said...

OMG AMY I THINK GEORGE W BUSH JUST POSTED A COMMENT ON YOUR BLOG IS THAT NOT THE COOLEST THING EVER AND HE SAID HE READS IT AND HE IS FOND OF JACKSON WHO ISN'T AND IT EVEN SAYS HE'D LOVE TO HAVE TEA SO MAYBE HE ISN'T SO BAD AFTER ALL OH WOW THAT IS SO EXCITING ARE YOU STOKED OR WHAT???

Candy Jones said...

I too love President Bush and am sad to see him go. I have to rub it in your face that I am a sister to a brother that touched Pres. Bush! He came to Ft. Hood where my brother was stationed and Tate got to shake his hand.
Also, I am so proud of Jackson (and his mommy and daddy) Doesn't it make you feel so proud and good and then sad at the same time when they accomplish new things.
OH, and now I just saw W left a comment. Oh, my gosh....I will have to drive to P'ville to touch you! : )

Jeremy Wade said...

Geez. and this whole time I thought you voted democrat. j/k

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me ... you're NOT a Democrat. I don't believe it. Since you and "W" are best buds, please keep us posted on W's new adventures.

Kellyn said...

You crack me up...one of my 89 year old patients also thinks he is the cutest thing...I promise I won't be the one to turn you in to the secret service when its announced that W has a stalker!

Rachel said...

I also have a similar affection for the FP.

I felt he was more like an Uncle...

I think that all politicians should be treated like family member...not with out judgement, but with approachability, respect and love...

Think about it...if they didn't care about this country there are many other way to be more powerful and more wealthy than being the president...it's a big job...

Just like families you may not agree with everything but they are family and deserve your respect...

Williams' bunch said...

I've never been to your blog before...I saw your comment on Suz's blog. I, too will miss Pres. Bush...he is a good man and I think he did a good job for us, too! This post was so funny to me..I'm sure I would've acted the same way had I been in the same room w/him! :-) I met the Governor of Ky at the fair w/my mom...I was in awe! :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow, someone has issues!

W. will definitely be missed. I loved this post!

Wade's World said...

To Anonymous whose comment I just deleted: If you don't agree with my post today, then don't make a comment. This was a lighthearted and fun post about how I DO like W. I don't think I asked for your opinion on the Bush administration and I was gracious enough to keep my mouth shut on Jan 20th on my thoughts of the "new sheriff in town."

Pam said...

I love this post! I love W too! I will miss him. I looked up his speech he made in Midland to see ALL of it and not have a cutaway by the cable news station. I will surely miss him but happy he calls my state home! : )

ps..I'm a frequent lurker.. so 'hi'.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...