Wednesday, November 19, 2008

So.Much.Fun.

Rick Burgess, one of the co-hosts of the Rick and Bubba show was our keynote speaker at a work function last night. One of his good friends, Kevin Derryberry was the worship leader. I think it has been well noted on my blog that I LOVE Rick and Bubba. I met them here and here, and I still can't get enough of them! After my wonderful boss heard what a huge fan I was of the show, he allowed me to be one of the point persons for Rick's speaking engagement. So I got to hang out with Rick and Kevin in the green room before the event started for about an hour. It was probably the one and only time I will ever get to sit in a green room, and it was AMAZING! Rick was such a nice and normal guy, and Kevin and his backup group were so also great. I had a blast hanging out with them. I tried not to be too much of a groupie so I didn't take my camera with me into the room. I didn't want to be too much of a dork. Then the event started and it was so powerful. It was truly a worship experience, and the music and message were definitely inspiring and God led. It was a great night!
Me and Rick
The Green Room sign. I figured since it was probably the only time I would ever be privy to a green room, I had to get a picture.

And because I just had to do it....This is Rick's leftover's from supper that I snuck back in to get a picture of and NO, I did not take anything off his plate. I'm not that crazy. Yet.
P.S. The last picture is a joke. Yes, it is a picture of Rick's plate, but I only did it to make Jeremy say, "Amy, you cannot put that on your blog."

1 random thoughts:

Kristi said...

Kevin Derryberry is our worship leader at church. He has an awesome testimony and stories. Speedy also goes to our church. He helps in celebration (worship for the kids). Guys at our church started the "No Shave in November". Our pastor is even involved in it. If you forgot, I am the stalker that is a friend of Candy's :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...