Monday, November 24, 2008

The Gift of $5

The 50,000 Pairs in 50 Days Challenge

$5 is practically nothing these days. It's one fast food meal out. 2 drinks at Starbucks. The cost of a movie rental. A gallon of milk. A few months ago it was almost the cost of 1 gallon of gas. $5 doesn't go as far as it used to, but for some people, $5 could make all the difference in the world. $5 could buy 2 pairs of shoes for people who don't have any.

Soles4Souls is having a campaign to raise 50,000 pairs of shoes in 50 days to be given to people all over the world who don't have something as simple as a pair of shoes. They are given to people who are victims of disaster, or are simply not able to afford shoes. Children. Adults. Anyone who needs a pair of shoes. I headed up a shoe drive in our church this past April and we got together 627 pairs of shoes to donate to this amazing organization, so I fully support this worthwhile organization.

I don't know about you, but I can waste $5 on tons of stuff that isn't nearly as tangible as a pair of shoes for someone that doesn't have any. I made a simple decision that I can skip a few fast food meals in order to give someone something as important as shoes. I would be ashamed if I didn't.

It's only $5. What are you waiting for? Go make someone's day!

1 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sweetie,

This would make a "great" birthday present for my family to donate to this organization so needed children could have much needed shoes.

Amy, you and Kellyn have such amazing hearts, and I am so proud of my girls.

Please make this a "Happy Birthday to Me."

Love, Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...