Monday, August 11, 2008

Random Olympic thoughts...

Hey ya'll. I thought that I would share some randomness that I thought of for the Olympics. Here goes...
  • The opening ceremonies were amazing, but I can't help but wonder if someone had messed up during their part, would they be swimming with concrete shoes now?
  • With the earthquake that occured only a few months ago, how much of China could have been repaired for the cost of the opening ceremony? If I had lost my home or my child it would have killed me to see how much money was spent on something like that. Entertaining? Yes. Completely necessary? No.
  • Michael Phelps is the most amazing swimmer ever. I love some competitive swimming, and Jeremy and I both were cheering him on last night during his race, and were hollering when he won. It was awesome!! I have to say though, I miss the traditional Speedos. I know the suits are all streamlined now, but swimmers were the only people that could actually pull off a Speedo, and now Speedo's are left to be worn by balding middle aged guys. It's quite a tragedy.

  • I love watching Men's Olympic swimming, but I don't care as much for the women. I also love watching gymnastics, diving, and equestrian.
  • Do we really need fencing to be an Olympic sport? Seriously...who watches that?
  • Everytime that clinky chimey Chinese music starts playing during the awards ceremonies, I can't help but start craving an egg roll and some shrimp fried rice. Surely I am not alone in this...
  • If you google the word "Olympics" you will get 86,100,000 results in 0.03 seconds. Wow.

That's all for now....

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...