Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Big News in the Wade Family!

And no, it's not like the Jones' big news....

Guess who went to sleep without a pacifier last night?

If you guessed Jeremy you are only half right. That's right...Jackson actually fell asleep last night without his pacifier. He asked for it several times and we kept telling him that we had left it at school. After about 10 minutes of restlessness, he was out like a light. He did great until about 11:30 last night when he started crying and Jeremy went and gave it to him.

We're taking baby steps here people...

Then, around 5:30 he started waking up so Jeremy got him and put him in the bed with us. When the alarm went off I got up, took my shower, and then went to go wake Jackson up by rubbing his back.

Ya'll, there is nothing sweeter in the whole world than a sleeping child. They look so peaceful, happy, and innocent. They don't have a care in the world. I was cuddled up to Jackson when his eyes started opening, and he reached his chubby little hand up to my shoulder, where he proceeded to try and push me off the bed.

His first words of the day: "No Mommy, no. Mommy get up. Mommy get out."

Um. Seriously. I was kicked out of my own bed by my flesh and blood. The little stinker....

2 random thoughts:

Candy Jones said...

Yea, Jackson! ( for the paci, NOT for kicking your mommy out of the bed!) I know this is a huge step for all of you.

Jennifer said...

That is exciting. I remember the first time Charlotte put herself to sleep in her crib. I didn't even know it was possible since she was still nursing to sleep. I did a happy dance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...