Monday, June 30, 2008

White Water and More!!!

I had told you about 2 weeks ago that I won tickets to go to White Water in Atlanta, and this was the big weekend. Amy and Adam were so kind to watch Jackson (Huge Thanks!!), and so at 6:00 in the morning, we headed to Auburn to drop little man off, and then Jeremy and I headed to GA for some water fun. We had a blast! I did witness some stuff that I felt blog worthy to share with ya'll, just in case you were curious. I know you are...

  • If you are such a hairy man (or woman for that matter) that you could be mistaken for a werewolf, Big Foot, or some random gorilla, please, please, please, wear a t-shirt when at a water park. It really didn't help you that your back was freshly shaven. It just made your chest look that much more like a shag carpet. Ew, gross!!

  • To the body builder man who was trying to impersonate the Incredible Hulk, lay off the 'roids. You look really gross, and the fact that you are on steroids has not escaped anyone. Nice try though, you ALMOST had us fooled.

  • To the mother's of the 12 year old girls who are dressed like they are 20: Please be aware that your daughter's fake tramp stamp tattoo that is placed so appropriately just above her butt does not make her look cute. It makes her look trashy. That, and her string bikini that she has to keep tying back on as she comes down the water slides isn't helping. Don't you realize that you are just inviting middle aged men to ogle your pre-adolescent daughter??? One more for the Ew! File!!
  • To the 200 + pound women that feel the need to wear bikinis: Don't. For the love of all things right and good in this world... Don't!!! I'm proud that you have the self confidence to be comfortable in your own skin, but I really don't want to look at it all day as I stand in line behind you. It's just not attractive. I'm sorry...
  • My Dad will love this one. If you feel that need to get a tattoo, please consider what design you are going to get and location of said design. Way back when I was in college I toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo. One trip to White Water cured me of that desire. That cute little tattoo around your belly button may look great when you are 20, but I can all but promise that it is not going to look so wonderful 2 kids, 40 pounds, and a belly full of stretch marks later. Just trust me on this one, and if you can't trust me, head to a local water park and see for yourself.
I guess that's all my waterpark tips for now. We really did have a great time, and are so appreciative of Amy and Adam for letting Jackson hang out with them for the day. Adam taught Jackson the word patella, and he told everyone at church where his patella was. Too cute!

2 random thoughts:

Staci said...

too funny and too true!! love it! great advice! my only question is-- is it only in the south? or are these sights everywhere?

Wade's World said...

I believe that unfortunately these sights can be found all over. Sad, but probably true...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...