Monday, June 02, 2008

War Eagle....sort of

Hey everyone. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. We were booking it on Saturday trying to finish our VBS room up and I was elated to be through with it by 12:00 on Saturday. We have been up at the church until almost 9:00 almost every night this week. I am SICK of decorating. I love VBS, but thank goodness it is only 1 week out of the year. I would die if it were even one day longer.

So after our morning of decorations, I took Jackson home for a quick nap, and then we were off to Auburn for the wedding of a friend of mine from college. Jackson looked so handsome with his little plaid shorts and white polo shirt. He was definitely working the cute factor. Jeremy and I were supposed to go together, but his work schedule changed at the last minute, so Kellyn said she could go with me. Isn’t she sweet! She ran interference during the drive to the loveliest village on the plains and we were rushing to get to Auburn on time. We got off the interstate, with 20 minutes to spare, and the unthinkable happened.

Jackson threw up in my car.

Needless to say, after pulling over and cleaning him (and my car) up, we were not working with 20 minutes to spare anymore. I had like 10 minutes, and there was no way that I could take him into a church, much less a wedding, considering that he had just thrown up. Oh, and FYI, I don’t do vomit well. We just don’t work well together. Oh, and Jackson wasn’t sick, he just got sick from a goldfish going down the wrong way. The kid was fine….

So I drove on to the church, went inside and found the bride, and told her that I had come, but that I couldn’t stay. I was so bummed. We ended up going to the famous Toomer’s Corner and getting a scoop of lemonade. I couldn’t waste a trip to Auburn after all that. It would have been sacrilegious.

Oh, and Jackson can sort of say”Auburn” now. He says, “Auburrrr.” Too cute. We have established that tigers say, “GGGRRRRR” a long time ago, and we are working on what an elephant says. They say “Boooo” in case you were wondering.

I will post VBS and new Jackson pictures later. Have a great day and WARRR Eagle!!!

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...