Friday, April 18, 2008

Free Advice Friday and more!

For my 2nd edition of Free Advice Friday, I thought that I would discuss the simplicity of one of the best inventions ever: the blinker. It is a little known device on your car, that when used, indicates which way you want to go. I think some people have never been told about these features on their car, but when used, they work wonders!

So here’s my free advice for today.
1. When you need to turn, or change directions, use your blinker. It’s that simple.

2. If you see someone with their blinker on, and you can move over to let people over, do it. It’s common sense, and it's just plain courteous. They in turn should give you the friendly over the shoulder wave that constitutes as a 70 mph "thank you" when you do it. It drives me crazy when I need to merge onto the interstate and people are driving along, not paying me any attention, with 3 lanes open beside them, and they don’ t move over, and here I am about to run into a bridge because I can’t get over. OMG. If you see a blinker, and you can move over a lane, for the love of all things right and good in this world, MOVE OVER.
3. If someone lets you, make sure you give them the over the shoulder wave. We have to be polite folks!

The total irony of this post is that the right blinker on Jeremy’s car has a short in it, and now matter how many times we have it replaced, it keeps shorting out. It drives me nuts.

In other news, Rocks in My Dryer had a contest yesterday to see who can come up with the best haikus about their Mom. I LOVE my Mom, and we are closer now than we have ever been in my life. She is one of my rocks. The winner of the contest gets $1000.00. I submitted 4, and although I wasn’t a finalist, I wanted to share them with you. Remember haikus have 3 lines, 1st line with 5 syllables, 2nd line with 7 syllables, and 3rd line with 5 syllables.


My mother knows me,
the good, the bad, the ugly,
and loves me anyway.

I love how you now
sing the same songs to my child
that you sang to me.

I love that you knew,
without me saying a word,
that I was pregnant.

"Mom, what's for supper?"
as soon as you walked inside,
now I get the same.

And for this weekend, we are packing up the car and heading to MS to visit with Jeremy’s family. This will be our first trip in new van, and I am planning on watching Finding Nemo and Lion King all the way to MS. Jeremy is gonna love hearing me sing Hakuna Matata all the way. See ya soon Wade family! I am lucky enough to have a half a day off from work, so we can actually get an early start on our trip. So bye ya’ll and have a great weekend!

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...