Thursday, February 21, 2008

So here's my question...

Rick and Bubba had a great discussion yesterday about voting, and they were very honest and said that they were not sure that there were going to be voting in the Presidential election this coming November. Their reasoning: They are Christian, very conservative, and simply don't like the choices this year. They feel that John McCain is simply too moderate for them, and they have serious objections to his views on several vital issues. Their producer, Speedy, had the opinion that he was going to vote for the lesser of two evils, meaning John McCain. Rick pointed out that if you vote for the lesser of two evils, you are still voting for evil. Both Rick and Bubba felt that maybe having a landslide election in favor of the Democrats would show the Republican party that people want more conservative people to choose from.

What do you think? Is NOT voting okay if you don't have a dog in the race. I didn't realize how moderate McCain was, and now I am all confused on what to do. I have voted in every election since I turned 18, and I hate the thought of not voting, but as a Christian (and a Republican), should I go vote for someone simply because they are Republican. I would love to hear your opinions, especially if you are a card carrying member of the "I Hate Hillary" group. Even if you are not, I would still love your opinion. All I can say is thank goodness the election is still 9 months away. Maybe that will give me time to decide what to do...

Oh, and I will post a new video of Jackson later. Have a great day!

3 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

God says to love everyone -- even the Democrats. Mom

Wade's World said...

Nice Mom...put me on a guilt trip why don't ya!!!

tootie said...

I think it's a good idea to vote, even if you're not crazy about the candidates. Just vote for who you would rather see win.

For me, voting is empowering! (I guess I'm dorky like that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...