Thursday, January 24, 2008

Update on Burgess family

I received an email yesterday that had been forwarded from the Scott Dawson evangelism organization that reported that 214 decisions for Christ were made during Bronner's memorial service this past Tuesday. Praise God!!! The Baptist Press has some of the excerpts from Rick's memorial of his son posted, and I wanted to share one of the passages from his eulogy.
Burgess said Satan miscalculated and made a mistake in attacking his family
through Bronner's death."He should have never come after us," Burgess said.
"And when I say family, I speak about this family but I speak about my
family of believers because all of you have gone into action in a way that
is making our Savior smile. If God asked me to give up a son so that some of
you will live in eternity, it is well."

Please take the time to either read this article, or go to Rick & Bubba to view the videos. They are broken down into 3 segments, and I promise your spirit will be blessed by Rick's words.

In Wade family news, Jackson started his new antibiotic this morning for his double ear infection. The medicine has the ever delighful side effect of red Kool-aid colored dirty diapers. I promise, if I hadn't of been warned about that, I would have been driving like crazy to get him to the ER. It would have scared the daylights out of me.

After staying at my Mom's for a couple of days now, Jackson has a few new words. They are:
Boat, Shark, and Mickey Mouse. I have yet to hear any of these, but Jeremy has, and Mom has. What a little monkey. I guess that's it for now. I hope you have a good day.

1 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I got to hear "shark" clear as day this morning, and on cue when he saw his shark toy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...