Monday, April 02, 2007

The Sacrifice


Our church has put on a play each Easter called "The Sacrifice" for the last 7 years. I went last night after our trip to Mississippi to visit Jeremy's family. It is a typical Easter play, but no matter how many times I watch it, it is always so hard for me to watch Jesus get beaten, whipped, and then get put up on the cross to die. Everything thing about it makes it so real, the makeup, the costume "blood", the music...it all just comes to life in those scenes. It was even harder this year because of Jackson. That may sound weird, but for the first time, I really thought about what it must have been like for Mary to watch her son die. How does a parent handle that? I can't even imagine how that must feel. It would truly be like a piece of yourself is being ripped out.

Just remember as you go about preparing for this Easter season, the real reason that we celebrate. It is not about bunnies, jelly beans, and Cadbury eggs (although I do enjoy them). Easter is all about the sacrifice that Jesus made for you and me. Don't forget that.

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...